Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Did you know? (rant)

Don't you find that atleast once a week someone will ask you one of those annoying 'did you know...' questions such as: "Did you know the doors that cover US nuclear silos weigh 748 tons and opens in 19 seconds."

They aren't really asking the question so much as showing off their 'knowledge' recently gleamed from a website of no academic pedigree. Also why would I know? why would I care? It seems more people know that there are hundreds if not thousands of different types of potato than something more mainstream.

Anyway my advice to annoying 'did you know' people is go learn joined up writing before telling, I'm sorry, asking me if I know that "screaming lord sutch was the longest serving party leader until he hung gimself". I'm not interested. Tell me something useful sure, and feel free to prefix with "d'ya know" but dont keep hammering yr silly little "fun facts" from the "bumper book of fun facts for dummies".

nuff said, grrr...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you know nicole kidman is afraid of butterflies?