Friday, August 18, 2006

Thursday drinks and a run in with the law

Went into Westminster for a drink or 2 before seeing a friend in Leicester sq.

Whilst I was waiting In Westminster I was paid a visit by 2 community support officers, Westminster is a designated non-drinking area. My tin of Fosters was confiscated, and details taken (apparently i'm not in trouble, all the paperwork was simply to record the confiscated property). I was trying to kill time so I had quite a long chat with the 2 officers.

There are no signs up to identify the non-drinking area, they are not entirely sure of the boundaries of the area. They have to take action against me because they had just taken action against a tramp - and they have to be fair. The area does include Leicester sq. but it is enforced much more leniently there, so so much for the rule of law...

I asked If I would get a receipt for my confiscated property and the man pulled out a folded booklet of a long form he would have to fill out if I really wanted - I relented and relief washed over them both.

I then had a few pints in the pub before going onto see another friend. Popped into the Montagu Pike and had a chat with Roberto who works there (still... he remembered me from over a year ago) then we went to Frevd and then the Cornish ale place in Covent Garden which has the pies downstairs.

Went home and microwaved a chicken caserole thing, tasty.

No comments: