Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday!

The morning/afternoon/when I awoke started well as a DVD I had ordered arrived.

A short while later happiness turned to dismay as it had gotten scratched in the post.

This ultimately led to me having to go down to the Post Office as the new postage costings are incomprehensibel, 15minutes later and having got out both my digital scales and a pair of digital calipers I was still non-the-wiser.

My main issue was: with jiffy bags you can squish them into a variety of shapes... so... and price system didnt seem easy. If it was a large letter then it said 44p but I have a book of "large letter 1st class stamps" which do not have price on them just "Large first" My package was in the second weight bracket ie 90p but if i were to put 2 "large first" on surely thats only 88p so I'd be 2p short... I couldn't find a 2p stamp... if it even works like that.

Confused? Me too, so I went down and had it sent recorded delivery... a couple of quid, I ws wrong all along, It was a package as yr not allowed to squish jiffy bags... and thats the law...

No comments: