Monday, July 31, 2006

Winding up...

Yesterday I spent all day in the outside Cafe opposite the apartment. I like it because the staff there know me as I pop up 2-3 times a year for a few weeks for the last however many years.

Last Easter it got "scary" as I stopped having to order and they just always brought me what I wanted... So this time I have been varying my order to keep them guessing. I got there for an early breakfast capuccino and started a new book, Fiction!, called Merde Actually - 6 hours, 1 coffee, 1 sandwich and 2 beers later I had finished it. Its pretty amusing, a nice break from Stalin.

On the way back in to the flat I noticed in the mirrors in the lift that I seemed paler than I had been before... Too many days of eschewing the beach... So today I made damn sure I spent a healthy 4 hours lying on the beach/splashing around.

No comments: